Thursday, September 27, 2007

ENR: Engineering News Record

It's a magazine for us engineering and construction types. Not the type of place you'd expect to find a heartfelt story like this one:

"It happens daily in my mind, like that convention they used in old movies of the calendar pages turning to represent time passing. As I drive through different parts of town, the pages flip at lightning speed, and only I know the stories, people’s faces and details that cram the day boxes on the calendar. As the pages flip, my emotions run the gamut – loss, sadness, frustration, anger, stress, fear, relief. I turn onto Fox Drive, which happens to be around the corner from where some friends used to live. They moved to the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain and swore they would never come back to “the parish.” By the time I walk down the driveway, I am exhaling a huge, mind-clearing breath and thinking, this has been a helluva two years."

Read the full story by Angelle Bergeron at:
Two Years Later, Men Still Moved to Tears

No comments: